Gregory T Gibbs
717 S. Grand Traverse Street
Flint, Michigan 48502
Firm: Law Office of Gregory T. Gibbs
Engaged in the private practice of law over 30 years specializing in labor law.
- Regularly advise public, private, large and small employers, unions, and employees on labor issues arising out of day to day employment practices. Advice has included issues concerning collective bargaining, contract administration, grievance procedure, compensation programs, benefit plans, and compliance with state and federal employment law. I also advise management on how to create and lawfully administer policies applying to nonunion employees and job applicants.
- Participated in numerous arbitrations involving the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements on discipline, discharge, promotion and other issues.
- Litigation practice including trials and appeals relating to and labor issues involving, hiring, promotion, discipline, discharge, and fringe benefits in state and federal courts.
- Practiced before most administrative agencies addressing labor related issues, including the NLRB, U.S. DOL, EEOC, MERC, MDCR, Michigan DOL, and Michigan UA.
Engaged in practice of law since 1976. Established a small law firm specializing in employment and labor law in 1983. I have been rated AV by my peers through Martindale-Hubbell which stands for very high to preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards. Designated â€œSuper-Lawyerâ€ status for 2009 by Law and Politics which is based upon peer recognition and professional achievement.
Affiliations & Memberships:
1) State Bar of Michigan since November 1976 . Serve on Character and Fitness Committee.
(2) Genesee County Bar Association since November 1976; Chair Federal Practice Committee on five seperate occasions, Board of Directors 1992-1995.
(3) The Centennial Inn of Court- American Inns of Court, 1999 to present.
Mountain biking and jogging
Daniel R. Perlman
Los Angeles, California
Brian C. Hogan
Boca Raton, Florida
Kelly Barcia Nuñez