Edward M Wild
174 West State Street
Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901
Firm: Benner and Wild
Since 1995, Benner and Wild has provided quality legal services for clients in Bucks County and its surrounding areas. Our founders, William Benner and Edward Wild began their legal careers in Real Estate Law and Business Partnership Law at Power, Bowen and Valimont in Doylestown. Since its formation Benner and Wild has continued to build on its member’s vast experience. Our clients include individuals, small and medium sized businesses as well as major corporations.
Ed’s practice is focused in the areas of real estate, land development, zoning and general litigation. Ed handles all types of zoning, subdivision and land development and real estate transactional matters, for developers and property owners. Mr. Wild has represented local and national builders, telecommunication service providers, automobile dealerships, national health care providers, management companies and residential homeowners in land use and other general business litigation matters. Ed has been asked to serve as special counsel on land development and zoning and building cases and has served as counsel to Construction Code Appeals Boards. Ed regularly appears before Planning Commissions, governing bodies of municipalities and zoning hearing boards and has regularly represented clients in connection with requests for amendments to zoning ordinances, substantive challenges to the validity of zoning ordinances; and procedural challenges to the validity of zoning ordinances.
Ed represents clients before the Courts of Common Pleas, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, Pennsylvania Superior Court and Pennsylvania Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Mr. Wild is also admitted before the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey.
Wild has achieved the AV Preeminent rating, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. The AV Preeminent rating is the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Rating process managed by Martindale-Hubbell.
Representative Land Use and Other Reported Appellate Cases
* Successfully defended a salvage yard operation from a cease and desist order resulting in a Commonwealth Court determination that the status was a protected nonconforming use entitled to modern expansion.
* Forced the creation of a private road across adjacent land to secure access to landlocked property.
* Successfully secured a Superior Court dismissal of a case brought by a decedent representative against the issuer of automobile registration and license plates determination that defined the duties of the issuer.
* On behalf of a developer, secured a deemed approval of a shopping center.
* Defended permit appeals that resulted in a brokered Court approved settlement agreement to permit a methadone clinic over opposition involving hundreds of protestants.
* Secured approvals involving telecommunications towers and uses.
Affiliations & Memberships:
* Pennsylvania Bar Association
* New Jersey Bar Association
* AV Preeminent rating - Peer Review Rating process managed by Martindale-Hubbell
* U.S. Supreme Court
* U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
* U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
* Pennsylvania Supreme Court
* Pennsylvania Superior Court
* Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
* Courts of Common Pleas
* U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
* Construction Code Appeals Boards
* Past President, Young Lawyers Division, Bucks County Bar Association;
* Past Chair, Young Lawyers Section, Bucks County Bar Association;
* Lecturer and Faculty Member: "Representing a Client Before a Zoning Hearing Board in Bucks County,"
* Lecturer and Faculty Member: "Zoning Practice and Procedure," CLE seminar;
* Lecturer before the Bucks County Association of Realtors on various real estate topics.
Bruce D. Fox
Christian K Lassen
Boca Raton, Florida
Santa Clarita, California
Coral Gables, Florida