P.O. Box 25265
Farmington, New York 14425
Firm: Law Offices of Vanessa Brown Hanks
Our law office is dedicated to accessible legal services. During the ongoing economic crisis, legal representation has continued to become out-of-reach for many Americans. As a client, you will receive competent, individualized, and affordable legal services.
Our practice includes immigration, consumer, debt settlement, creditor issues, legal research & writing, contract drafting, negotiation/settlement services, court representation, and general practice legal services.
To make legal expertise even more accessible, our office provides advice, research, court preperation, and review of self-drafted documents, for "Do-it-Yourself" clients who only want to retain an attorney for guidance and review of their case. This puts the law back into the publics hands.
• Currently the managing attorney of the Law Offices of Vanessa Brown Hanks and the consumer law Staff Attorney at the Volunteer Legal Services Project.
• Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Kaye A. Allison in the Baltimore City Circuit Court, and for visiting and retired judges.
• Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore: Graduated Magna Cum Laude in the top 11% of my class.
• Master’s Degree from the University at Buffalo in Comparative Politics with concentrations in Russia & the Former Soviet States and international intellectual property rights.
• Master’s Degree from the University of Albany in Eastern European and Russian History.
• Published thesis: The French Wine Industry in Crisis: Is it a Case of Intellectual Property Rights Gone too Far?
• 2009 American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence.
• Member of the Summary Resolution Committee for ATHGO International’s Symposium at the World Bank on the Role of Good Governance in Economic Development.
Affiliations & Memberships:
Monroe County Bar Assocation
Ontario County Bar Association
Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys
New York Bar Association
Substantive Legal Research and Writing, Geographical Indications, Trademarks, and Certification Marks, International Intellectual Property Rights, Farmworker rights, immigration, consumer protection, debtors' rights.
Christian K Lassen
Santa Clarita, California
Winter Park, Florida
Amy E. Goodblatt
Donald S. Worley
FREE Initial Consultations (Call Now): (713) 523-5500
Kelly Barcia Nuñez
Richard C. Hannegan
Estate Planning & Business Law (949) 794-4000