1526 Spruce Street, Suite 200
Boulder, Colorado 80302
Firm: S.D. Merritt & Associates, P.C.
S.D. Merritt & Associates, P.C. is a Boulder, CO law firm that focuses on estate planning, probate, and small business legal services. Shelly D. Merritt is an AV rated attorney with over fifteen years of experience representing individuals, families, closely held businesses, executives and small business owners.
Ms. Merritt's work with estate planning helps achieve her clients' goals through wealth transfer planning, lifetime planning, planning for children, charitable planning, and probate & estate & trust administration. Recommendations are made based on the particular needs of each client, and are coordinated to minimize income tax, gift tax, estate tax and generation-skipping tax implications.
Ms. Merritt's work with small business legal services include the representation of small to medium sized closely held companies, executives, and business owners. She assists her clients with choice of entity considerations, drafting and filing of entity documents, business governance, negotiation of business transactions, tax planning and advice, and general business counsel.
Shelly D. Merritt is an AV rated attorney with over fifteen years of experience representing individuals, families, closely held businesses, executives and small business owners. She is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a past Council Member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Colorado Bar Association and Co-Chair of its Trusts and Estates Section Statutory Revisions Committee. Prior to establishing her own firm, Ms. Merritt practiced at law firms in Boulder, Denver, and Texas. She is licensed to practice law in Colorado.
Affiliations & Memberships:
- Past Council Member, Trusts and Estates Section of the Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Statutory Revisions Committee of the Trusts and Estate Section of the Colorado Bar Association (Co-Chair 2007-2008)
- Reporter, Miami Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, 2005
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association Estate and Probate Section (Co-chair 2001-02)
- Volunteer, Thursday Night Bar Program (now Metro Volunteer Lawyers), 1995-2003
- Volunteer, Wills on Wheels, 2000
- Planning Committee Member, Women and the Law Conference at the University of Denver, 1998
- Volunteer, Pro bono estate planning clinic, and Call a Lawyer hotline, San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, 1994
Brian D Chase
newport beach, California
Brian C. Hogan
Bruce D. Fox
Richard C. Hannegan
Estate Planning & Business Law (949) 794-4000
Beverly Hills, California
Rancho Santa Margarita, California